Welcome to our challenge to detect and quantify line-of-sight structures and substructure in galaxy-galaxy strong lenses!
The challenge is divided into four levels of increasing difficulty, complexity, and/or realism from level 0 (simple source, simple main lens mass, single substructure, simple instrument without noise, all parameters known) to level 3 (complex source, complex main lens, multiple l.o.s. structures and substructures, realistic instruments).
The challenge design is described in more detail here:
The simulated data for the first two levels (sorry radio data still missing) can be found here:
You can also clone or download the repository:
Please submit your results for the first two levels as described in the example submission files:
- a single file (per team and method) containing results for substructure paramaters of all systems
- for more detailed feedback, a file for each system containing results of source, main lens, and substructure parameters
To report any issues or to ask questions regarding the challenge, you may send an email to
- 2019-03-31: deadline for lvl 0 and lvl1 will be extended (details will follow soon)
- 2019-02-11: added psf images
- 2019-01-16: lvl 0 and lvl 1 optical data going public